Oct 1, 2011

Killers: Have You Ever... ? x Would You Ever...?


This movie did not meet my expectations, but this scene is perfect for contrasting the use of have you ever x would you ever.






I. Check the items with the activities that you have already done at least once in your life time.


1. swim in the ocean
2. buy a new dress (shirt) to go on a first date
3. go snorkling
4. sail on a yacht
5. fight with a stranger
6. give or receive flowers on a first date
7. lie on the first date
8. hide from your parents in a public place


II. Watch the segment and check who performs the activities above, the guy or the girl.






III. Ask a partner the following questions.


Follow the pattern:


Ex:
S1 - Have you ever … (swum in the ocean)?
S2 - Yes, I have.


OR


S1 - Have you ever swum in the ocean?
S2 - No, I haven't.
S3 - Would you ever swim in the ocean?
S2 - Yes, I would / Sure, I would / No, never.

7 comments:

Ann said...

Hi Claudio,

Thanks again for a really good class activity.

Jave just posted a link to it on the TeachingEnglish facebook page if you'd like to check there for comments.

Please feel free to post on the page whenever you have anything you'd like to share.

Best,

Ann

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks, Ann. I'm glad it will be useful. See you.

Nina said...

Hi Claudio,

I am a young English teacher in Spain. I discovered your page and really like it. I just wanted to thank you for all the material you share, it's great! You have done a great job. Thanks a lot!

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks for your kind words, Nina.

Vanessa M. said...

Hello! I tried to open download this video, but I couldn't...it isn't in the Mp4 format.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Dear Vanessa,
I have just downloaded and opened it with VLC. It worked fine. I don't know what happened with you, but I'll see what I can do for you.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Camila,
I have replaced the video segment. Try it now, please. Also, the quality is better and subtitles in English are on. Hope you manage now.