Apr 9, 2011

Fame: Adverbs of Frequency

This new version of the classic Fame is not as charming as the original version, but it has great moments and I ended up enjoying it a lot. This scene has very few lines, so it is great for basic learners to practice the use of adverbs of frequency.
A. Watch the segment and check the activities you see in the segment:


1. ( ) Dance in the morning
2. ( ) Play a musical instrument
3. ( ) Take the subway to school (work)
4. ( ) Take a taxi to school (work)
5. ( ) Wear perfume (cologne) to go to school (work)
6. ( ) Read a book at school (work)
7. ( ) Go skating to school (work)
8. ( ) Wear makeup to go to school (work)


B. Now write sentences saying how often you perform the activities above. Use the adverbs below:

ALWAYS

USUALLY

OFTEN

SOMETIMES

SELDOM

RARELY

NEVER






Ex:


1. I never dance in the morning.

2 ....................................................

3 ...................................................

4 ...................................................

5 ...................................................

6 ..................................................

7 .................................................


8 ................................................



MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - FAME
WORKSHEET


Answer key:

A. All are to be checked, except 6 and 7.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
I found you blog thru a post-graduation classmate. I came to visit and I found it really great, creative.
Come visit mine http://teacherbruno1.blogspot.com
Is there any chance to have each others link on the page?

Claudio Azevedo said...

Hey Bruno,
Your videos are awesome. Great blog you have. I've added a link to it, for sure.
See you,

Teacher Bruno Gon said...

Hey Claudio
I inserted a link to your blog on mine. I appreciate your contact.
Let´s keep in touch.

Andréa Borges said...

Perfect as usual. I use it almost every week. I'd like to ask a question. In the institution where I work We use the interactive board which is wonderful to work with your blog but I've been facing a problem. Do you know how I could enlarge the screen without cutting parts of sentences? I've been using the remote control zoom button but It cuts most part of the activity. I would like my students to see better from the distance.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Dear Andrea,
Sorry for the delay. I was out of town. I don't know why this is happenening with you. When I enlarge the video (there is a place to click under the video to enlarge it), my version shows me the whole deal. My suggestion is to show the downloaded video and worksheet. I'm sure yoy will not face this problem doing it. Otherwise, I don't know how I can help you. Sorry. See you.

Amarinsk said...

Hi Claudio,

Once again, thanks for posting great movie segments so we can teach our kids grammar in a more fun way...
I would really like to use this one (Fame: Adverbs of Frequency), but unfortunately the quality of the clip is very bad and I get all kinds of strange noises. Is there a possibility to upload a better quality clip?
If not, I'll make do with this.

Thanks anyway and enjoy your weekend!
Amarinsk

Claudio Azevedo said...

Dear Amarinsk,
Try this one now, please. I think it is better.

Anonymous said...

Claudio,
the link is not working... :(

Claudio Azevedo said...

I am out of the country now. I will check it out when i am back, next Tuesday. Hold it, please.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Try it now, please. It should be fine. Taks for waiting.

Amarinsk said...

Unfortunately the video doesn't work (error)... :(

Amarinsk said...

Wait: it does now... (Strange...)
Thank you! Amarinsk

Claudio Azevedo said...

I have tried it in 4 different computers. It is working, I'm sure. I hope you have managed.

monica said...

Hi I'd like to download the video How can I do that?

Claudio Azevedo said...

Monica,
Click on the link Movie Segment Download - FAME at the bottom of the post. See you.