Oct 13, 2012

X-Men First Class: Modal Verb for Ability - CAN

I love all the X-Men sequels and prequels. This one is one of my favorites. You can't miss it.

I. Watch the movie segment and match the mutant's number with what they can do. Mutants are people who have special gifts with which they can perform actions regular people usually can't. What can these mutants do?







1. Hank

2. Mystique

3. Darwin

4. Banshee

5. Angel

6. Alex



( ) Break objects with his/her voice

( ) Create and throw shiny circles at objects and destroy them

( ) Hold objects with his feet

( ) Fly

( ) Adapt his physical characteristics in order to survive in different environments

( ) Spit fire balls

( ) Change his/her physical characteristics to look like someone else




II. Which of the mutants above would you like to be? Which one has the most interesting power?


III. Work in small groups. Imagine that your group will create a mutant with special gifts. Write 5 things your mutant CAN do. Your teacher (or the class) will decide which mutant is the most interesting one.


WORKSHEET

MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - X-MEN FIRST CLASS

Answer key:

I.

4, 6, 1, 5, 3, 5, 2

8 comments:

Emmanuella Conte said...

Thank you!! I'm also a HUGE fan of everything X-Men; and I've been waiting for an opportunity to use this movie in class! This is a great idea, thank you once again! - Manu

Claudio Azevedo said...

Great to hear that. I hope it works. X-Men rocks!!!!!

Andreh said...

Pretty good work you do here!!!
But the link for downloading the movie is not available, could you check that please?!?!?!

Thanks a Million!!!!

Claudio Azevedo said...

Check it out now, please. Thanks for the feedback.

Unknown said...

Hi, I can´t download the video "Xmen First Class" . Is there another link to download it?

Thanks.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Dear Silvina,
I have just downloaded it myself by clicking on the link MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD. It is working just fine. Are you using an Apple device? If so, I do not know how to do it.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much. I could download it. =)

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Thank you very much for sharing such a great activity. Greetings from Colombia :)