Mar 15, 2014

Warm Bodies: Modal Verbs for Advice

This is an awesome movie. It is funny, but not stupid. I loved the way the story is told - from the point of view of the zombie. I recommend it.






I. Make a list of 10 things you should do to make your life better:

1 _______________________________
2 _______________________________
3 _______________________________
4_______________________________
5 _______________________________
6 _______________________________
7 _______________________________
8 _______________________________
9 _______________________________
10 ______________________________


II. Read the statements below and check the ones that are true to you:



(      ) I should get out more.

(      ) I should eat better.

(      ) I should stand up straight.

(      ) I shouldn't be so hard on myself.


III. Watch the movie segment and decide what you and the movie's main character - R - have in common. Which of the statements in II are true to R.





IV. Write three pieces of advice to R, using Should/Ought to...


1 _______________________
2 _______________________
3 _______________________


V. Discuss the questions below:

1. Why are people so fascinated by zombies? Why are there so many movies about them?

2. Are zombies scary or funny? Why?

3. What's your opinion about horror movies. Do you like them? Why (not)?

4. Is this scene scary or funny?


WORKSHEET

MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - WARM BODIES

6 comments:

DexterDavis said...

Excellent blog to learn English.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks, Dexter.

Moisés Boff said...

Thank you very much Cláudio... This blog is so useful... Thanks a lot! =D

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks Moisés, I am glad it is useful.

sfsf said...

Im such a greatful person for this website alive, but lately, Im having some problems to donwload. After downloading, I try to play the video, but it doesnt work anyway. Thanks in advance.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Dear Erick,
I don't know what is happening with you. I just tried it in 3 different devices and it worked fine. The video is in wmv format. Is this happening in this post, exactly?