Jun 29, 2013

In Time: Time Clauses with When, Before, After

This movie is a must. I love the idea it wants to transmit. Don't miss it!


A. Watch the movie segment and combine both sentences with before, after or when.


1. _______________ people are 25 years old, they stop aging.

2. _______________ they turn 25, they only have time to live one more year.

3. _______________ his mother's 50th anniversary, he bought a bottle of champagne.

4. _______________ he hugged his mother, he wished her happy birthday.

5. His mother gave him 30 minutes to eat a decent meal _______________ they held each other's arms

6. They will celebrate __________ he gets back.

7. The price of the coffee rose ______________ he decided to buy it.

8. People are paid ______________ they leave the workplace.

9. He was given a lot of time by a rich man ___________________ he woke up.

10. He woke up _________________ he became a millionaire, according the currency used - time.

1. What do you think about not aging when you turn 25. What are the advantages and disadvantages in the situation shown in the segment?

2. What would you do if you had very little time left for you? What would you do if had too much time left for you?

3. How different would life be if time were our currency?

4. What do you prefer? Life the way it is nowadays, including aging the way we do, or the way it is in the movie - not aging, but having limited time to survive? Explain it.

WORKSHEET

MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - IN TIME


Answer Key:


1. When
2. After/When
3. Before
4. When
5. When
6. When/After
7. Before
8. After/When
9. Before
10. After

8 comments:

Kristina Anastasova said...

Great job, Claudio! I am looking forward to using this video and your target language questions in my next class! :) Kristina from Bulgaria :)

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks, Kristina
I hope it works.

Webmaster said...

Thanks a lot, nice job!

Diana said...

I loved this activity, I will use it in my next class. Thanks a lot for sharing

Claudio Azevedo said...

Great! I hope it works!

Layla said...

Thank you so much Claudio. I used this as my activity in class and my instructor was really impressed ( I am a TESOL student). I noticed that my students became more alert after the clip was played. Thank you once again.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Great to hear that, Layla. I am glad it was useful. Thanks for the feedback.

Yekaterina said...

Wow! A brilliant idea for my lesson! Thank you for sharing. Yekaterina, Kasakhstan.