Feb 2, 2013

27 Dresses: Present Perfect



Romantic comedies are not my cup of tea, but they are wonderful sources of activities. 27 dresses is no exception. This scene is great for practicing the present perfect tense.




I. Talk to a partner:


1. Have you ever had insomnia? How often does it happen?


2. What do you do when you just can't sleep?


3. What makes you lose your sleep?


4. When you can't sleep, do you insist on trying to sleep or do you get up and do something else until you fall asleep?



II. Look at the activities below. Check the ones you usually do when you have a hard time to fall asleep.


1. ( ) read a magazine

2. ( ) read a book

3. ( ) use the computer

4. ( ) moisturize your hands with cream

5. ( ) work out

6. ( ) clean the stove

7. ( ) speak to yourself out loud

8. ( ) talk to your sister (or someone else)

9. ( ) dance

10. ( ) eat


III. Watch the movie segment and check what the main character has done during her insomnia.


IV. Now write sentence in the present perfect tense saying what she has (not) done during the whole night.


Ex:


1. She has read a magazine.

2. She hasn't read a book.


Answer key:

III. Don't check 2, 9, 10


WORKSHEET





11 comments:

Heri said...

I think it's absolutely stunning 27 Dresses ....... okay cool.

Unknown said...

Hello Teacher. If it doesn't take too much of your time, I'd like to ask you some ideas. I love your blog and I edited my first movie to be used in class. I tried to find your e-mail here, but I didn't. I'll appreciate if you could send me a message to:
peter_pierre@live.com

Pedro Urbano

Unknown said...

Hello Teacher. I want to thank for all the ideas about how to work with movies you've been doing and that's been helping me a lot in my teaching skills. If it doesn't take too much time of you, could you send me a message to
peter_pierre@live.com

I'd like to share and ask some ideas for my first edited movie.
Thanks for your time.

Pedro Urbano

Claudio Azevedo said...

Great. My email is claudioazv@gmail.com

johan sebastian mesa padilla said...

I think that is concordant with what we are seeing as it is the perfect present.

Unknown said...

ACTIVITY ARE VERY INTERESTING

Maria Cristina Boccuzzi Rodrigues said...

I didn't succeed in downloading the video. Can you help me? How can I do that? I've already used it in my classes but now I don't know what happened.... Tks.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Maria Cristina,
I don't understand why not. Have you clicked on the link MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - 27 DRESSES at the end of the post? Then did you click on the tab download? I just did it now and it worked fine. Let me know if you managed, please.

Fernanda Maisa said...

Hi Claudio,
Thank you very much for sharing. I've used some of your vídeos and worksheets with my students and guess what? They have a really good time doing these kind of activities. Congratulations your blog is awesome!

Claudio Azevedo said...

Great to hear that, Fernanda. Come back often.

موديل القندورة said...

Thank you very much for sharing